Taiwan Hualien & Tai-Dong East Rift Valley
Located in the east of Taiwan, Hua-Dong region is known for its lovely nature scenic points, unpolluted environment, farms, and native aboriginal culture. Most people in Taiwan are very familiar with this region which we call “East Rift Valley”. This area has also been called “a land of milk and honey”.
Traveling down Provincial Highway No.9 in Hua-Dong, all you see on both sides are green fields stretching to the mountains. This national scenic area stretches from Mugua River in Hualien to the north to Taitung City, and covers a total of 138,386 hectares.
Days: 3 Days 2 nights
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
Total Distance： 235 km (on average 15~20 KM/h)
Things to See and Highlights
- Incredible Hua-Dong scenic points which connect bikeways and country roads.
- Enjoy local food tasting opportunities early everywhere along your route.
- Explore aboriginal culture, Hakka history along Highway 193 which crosses mountains, valleys, and also fields of rice, daylilies, pomelos, tea trees in rich abundance.
- Hualien and Taitung offer a plethora of indigenous culture experiences.
- An amazing biking trip to the East of Taiwan.
|Day 1||Taipei – Hualien – GuangFu 75K|
|Day 2||Guangfu – Yuli – AnTong 75K|
|Day 3||Day3: AnTong – Chishang – Guanshan – Luye 85K|