Shih-Men Dam Visit & 17K of Hsin-Chu’s Coastline
Yingge, located in Taipei County (to the south of Taipei), is famous for its high concentration of potters. Almost all attractions are located within a 10 minute ride of the train station. Travelers can take the bus from hotels to Yingge, and enjoy riding on the bike paths. Shihmen Reservoir, located in Longtan Township, Taoyuan County, opened to the public by 1964, and is one of Taiwan’s major reservoirs.
Hsinchu’s 17 kilometer long coastline boasts many spectacular scenic spots from Nanliao’s Hsinchu Harbor to the Nankang Bird Watching Area which includes harbors, parks, and bird watching areas.
Days: 2 Days 1 nights
Total Distance: 37 KM
Things to See and Highlights
- Experience Taiwan’s ceramic capital, Yingge, and its famous Old Street.
- Explore the trails besides the Tahan River, and visit the baroque-style Tahsi bridge, built in the eighteenth century
- Sankeng Historic Street allows riders to enjoy the beauty of the farmlands
- Pay a visit to Shihmen Dam, once the largest reservoir in Southeast Asia
- Visits to small historic towns offer you an unbeatable experience of browsing through a variety of the local traditional hardware stores.
- Enjoy biking on 17 kilometers of the splendid coastline. Enjoy the gentle ocean breezes, blue sky and fascinating local architecture.
- Delicious food, picturesque views and great entertainment!