Taiwan Northeast Cape (Jinguashi – Keelong Badoutzi)
Handleless-Teapot Mountain, Gold Falls, Elephant-Trunk Rock, these are just some of the geographical marvels on offer by the north-east coast of Formosa, a masterpiece crafted with the immense forces supplied by two sumo-wrestling tectonic plates. And is there a better way to take in all these fabulous sights than on your trusty ol’ bike? Join us as we delve deep not just into the great works of Mother Nature’s but also the cultural allure of Formosa’s north-east coast.
Riding is much more than just sweating. Sit back, enjoy the cool sea breeze, and bask in the magnificent cultural and natural beauty of Taiwan.
Days: 3 Days 2 nights
Daily Distance: 95KM
Things to See and Highlights
- Take a tour of the local geological park, and learn more about the natural and cultural aspects of the Northeast Coast
- Dive into history in the various themed museums like Museum of Gold in Jiufen, Shihsanhang Museum of Archaeology, Jiufen Kite Museum, and other historical heritage sites.
- Tour the village of Houtong which is a popular place for cat lovers and coal mining fans. Houtong Coalmine Ecological Park contains Japanese colonial-era buildings, mining transport bridges, old coal processing plants, museums and educational exhibits.
- Enjoy visiting Jiufen, founded during the Qing Dynasty, many buildings remain unchanged today. A must-go attraction is the cobblestone steps of Shuqi Road. The area boasts a wide variety of local food, shops, restaurants, and cafés.
- Cycle to the Golden Waterfall, a natural wonder formed by the sharply-dropping terrain, and enjoy the rich scenery that surrounds it.
|Day 1||Fulong – Shuangshi – Jinguashi 30K|
|Day 2||Jinguashi 25K|
|Day 3||Jinguashi – Houtong – Keelong Badoutzi 40K|